Knecht’s Nurseries & Landscaping is looking for people who have a passion for plants, gardening or all things associated with gardens, yards & landscapes! Do you enjoy the changing seasons, working outdoors, meeting people and doing something that says “I really love my job!”? If so, Knecht’s Nurseries & Landscaping is looking for you!
We have permanent career opportunities, and seasonal full-time and part-time positions available. Now is the time to get on board with the Knecht’s team! If you want to work in our retail division, or plant production area or with the landscape crew – apply now! We will train you so you are comfortable with what you will be doing. Most of our positions do require some weekend hours, typically on a rotating schedule.
We are looking for individuals with the talent and people skills who can bring new ideas and a positive outlook to our team.
Full-time and part-time openings
Do you love working outdoors? Do you know plants and enjoy helping people make educated buying decisions? Do you enjoy physically demanding work? We are looking for new team members with an outgoing and positive approach to their work. These positions require:
- Weekend shifts on a rotating basis and weekdays
- Ability to guide and work with fellow employees to maximize productivity
- Preparedness to work outdoors exposed to the elements
- The physical ability to safely load customers’ plant purchases and other heavy lifting
- Previous experience with customers in a retail environment is a plus
Pay scales are commensurate with experience. Opportunity for some commission based sales. Full-time includes eligibility for our retirement plan.
LANDSCAPE INSTALLATION/NURSERY PRODUCTION
Foreman: Several years of legitimate landscape installation experience, including knowledge of hardscape and softscape products and procedures. Assist nursery production / nursery set-up, as needed.
Crew Member / Nursery Production: Assist landscaping foreman with installation of all types of landscape elements. Assist nursery production / nursery set-up.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record. Foreman – Class A CDL license a bonus
- Must be able to pass a MnDOT physical
- Possess the physical ability to safely lift 75 pounds on a consistent basis
- Ability to operate equipment (skid loader, concrete saw, bed edger, chain saw) safely and effectively
- Positive attitude and ability to gain respect and motivate fellow employees
- Must be flexible with hours – some weekend hours are required as well as some overtime.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, be productive at all times and in all types of weather and work cooperatively with fellow workers. Attention to detail a must!
Pay scales are commensurate with experience. Full-time positions are eligible for our retirement program after 12 months.
If you think you have what it takes:
- Download the PDF of our employment application
- Print it out and fill it in
- Bring it in. We’d like to meet you! (Check our hours to make sure we’re here)
- If bringing it in isn’t practical, mail it to us:
Knecht’s Nurseries & Landscaping
P.O. Box 241
Northfield, MN 55057-0241